Medical Audio Transcriptionist
Document Direct is currently recruiting for experienced medical transcriptionists to join our team. All applicants should have experience in working in a medical/healthcare environment and be fully conversant with all aspects of medical terminology, jargon and abbreviation, and ideally an understanding of the NHS and its processes.
It is essential that our medical transcriptionist team are aware of the need to maintain strict patient confidentiality and are fully aware and appreciate working with sensitive information.
Your role will involve, but is not exclusive to, transcribing medical letters, memos and reports from legal executives, fee earners, GPs, clinicians, ophthalmologists, consultant gastro-enterologists, consultant dermatologists, senior and surgical registrars, chief executives and GPs and to health care services
- Transcribing recordings accurately from legal executives, physicians and other healthcare professionals, who will be dictating a variety of medical reports such as emergency room visits, court documents, tables and chart reviews and final summaries. These documents are very important because they become a part of the patients’ permanent medical file.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of medical records procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Excellent skills in English grammar and spelling.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Document Direct is the only company in the UK offering expert transcription services 24/7. Our client base consists of the top 200 law firms in the UK and NHS Medical Practices.
All of our team enjoy the flexibility of working from home, with hours to suit their lifestyle. All software is provided by us and full operational support, individually tailored-inductions and training is given.
Document Direct is a fast growing company and our best people will have the opportunity to swiftly progress their career as we have a real focus on personal development. Working remotely for Document Direct does not equate to being isolated and anonymous. We work hard to create a friendly and supportive community and we would very much like you to join us.
We offer flexible hours to give you the ability to achieve your chosen work-life balance and offer excellent rates of pay.
We require our team to be available for their chosen hours of work. Please complete the shifts you wish to apply for on the form.
If you believe you have the skill set and characteristics to become a member of our team then please apply to Document Direct by completing every part of the application form and email alongside your CV to HumanResources@documentdirect.co.uk.
All members of our team are required to produce a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) Certificate before being given access to our system. To apply for your certificate online please click here.