How does it work?
It is a simple process for our Document Production Service to produce your electronic court bundles.
Send all of the documents to be included in the bundle together with an index to show how you would like to order the contents.
We will return a single PDF document that follows all of the guidelines laid out by HMCTS.
Court bundles can often be a last-minute requirement. We can expedite the completion of these urgent jobs and often return the work within a few hours.
Why outsource your electronic court bundles to Document Direct?
- Save time on what is a very detail-oriented task.
- There are no software costs involved.
- You do not need to learn how to use the software needed to convert and manipulate documents.
- Relax knowing our team is paying attention to all the details needed to produce your electronic bundle exactly as required.
All electronic bundles will follow the HMCTS guidelines which include:
- E-bundles must be provided in pdf format.
- All pages in an e-bundle must be numbered.
- A hyperlinked index and bookmarks which include a short description and page number.
- All text must be subject to OCR (optical character recognition).
- No page should appear upside down or sideways.
- The default view for all pages should be 100%.
- The resolution of the bundle should not be greater than 300 dpi. File size must be optimized.
- Additions are to be made at the end of the bundle and paginated accordingly. Inquiries should be made to the court for their preference of how to manage additions.
More information from the Courts and Tribunal Judiciary can be found here:
What do our clients say?
“We are hugely grateful for the assistance the Document Production team provided over the holidays.
We had a very critical e-bible task which Document Direct completed in tight deadlines and in perfect accordance with court requirements.
We then had to amend the whole thing (due to external additions to the e-bible) which Document Direct attended to in super time.
The work was for a partner who hadn’t used Document Direct before, and she was greatly appreciative and impressed with their assistance. “
– Top 10 Irish Law Firm
How do I send the documents across?
Depending on the size and number of documents, you can either email them directly to our Document Production team or, alternatively, we are very familiar with most large file transfer facilities and will work with you to help find the most convenient option available.
What format is required of the documents I am sending?
The ideal format to send your documents across is in PDF. You can, however, send us any format of document and we are able to convert that to PDF. Don’t worry if you have emails, Word files, Excel files or other formats that need adding to the bundle – we can manage them all.
What is OCR and why is it important?
HMCTS states that all documents (with few exceptions) must be subject to OCR (Optical Character Recognition). This is the process that turns the document from a simple picture of a document to one which contains digital text. This can be searched and highlighted when marking them up.
Do I need to buy bundling software?
No, you do not need to buy any additional software. We bear the software costs and you only pay for the work that is sent through to us.
Can I make amendments to the e-bundle?
Yes, we are happy to help make amendments to an e-bundle. These are usually added at the end and need their own pagination.
How much does e-bundling cost?
This is calculated by time taken by our Document Production team to complete the task.
We are happy to give estimated quotes on a specific job.
Request a quote by contacting DPS@documentdirect.co.uk