- This policy covers how Document Direct treats personal information that Document Direct collects and receives. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, address, email address, or phone number and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Document Direct does not own or control or to people that Document Direct does not employ or manage.
Collection and Use of personal information
As a visitor to the Document Direct website, you may access part of the website without using the registration process or providing any personal information. However, if you wish to register on Document Direct website, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to register and register on the site. If you elect to register, however, Document Direct may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, address (including post code), e-mail address, employer, job title, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other personal information. Some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to the registration on the website, you will not be able to complete that activity.
When you use the website, Document Direct may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Document Direct website and its services. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as the Internet Protocol (”IP”) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the website and its services. Document Direct also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the website. Without expressly informing you in each particular circumstance, we do not match such information with any of your personal information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Document Direct does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
In order to improve our site, we may use “cookies” to track your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card, and enables Document Direct to record your password and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with regulations to protect personal information about you.
Any policy changes, either due to business reasons or future changes in legislation, will be posted on this page and, if substantial, may be promoted on the website or through e-mail notification.